Monday, 28 September 2015

New Painting?

I made 2 small studies today using this lovely jug from Bellwood & Wright and then digitally combined them to come up with this image. To be continued...
'Little Jug of Freesias'

Friday, 25 September 2015

Bellwood & Wright

Sarah at the Bellwood & Wright Gallery in Lancaster has already managed to sell all the paintings I delivered to her on Monday!
Luckily I have a few more just back from the framers which will be there from 10 am tomorrow. All very exciting. Here is one of them from my small collection of Vintage Rose paintings...

Monday, 17 August 2015


I am just putting a new collection of oil paintings together... here is one I made earlier....

Saturday, 1 August 2015

Rosarium (after Sonia Delauney @ The Tate Modern)

It was so inspiring to see an overview of one of the most innovative artists and designers of her time, Sonia Delauney, at the Tate Modern this week. My favourite room was filled with her textiles along with the original designs and pattern books - truly inspiring. The Rosarium design could have been designed yesterday it looked so fresh.
Here it is alongside a painting I did upon returning from London of some beautiful 'antique pink' roses...

Monday, 20 July 2015

Lakes Artists Exhibition

I have had one of my watercolour paintings accepted for this years show in Grasmere Hall. With the preview on Friday the show will be on until the 2nd of September if you would like to visit...

Friday, 3 July 2015

In the Flow...

I had a peaceful day painting in the Japanese Garden at Sizergh Castle this week - Sean has bought me a new watercolour sketchbook...

Wednesday, 24 June 2015

Back to school (paints)

Myself and Annie went up to paint at the National Trust house Allen Bank in Grasmere. We are hoping to base ourselves there for our Emily Ball course in October. The view over the lake is wonderful and we soon got obsessed with lines of trees and the changing colour of the water.
I opted to use the art materials that are out for the children to use so that I could pass off as a novice and not warrant too much attention. it was good to play with the blotting-type paper and the limited poster paint selection. There were some good Derwent art materials though which I assume were donated to help mix up the mark making.

Here are some photos of our efforts!